hello, everyone,i have a problem about system update of moto g

Xiaolin Li

May 16, 2014
Visit site
i have updated the application softwares, which is successful. but when i check system update it always say: oops! you need a data connection to check for update. go to setting...... does anyone know the reason?
my phone is moto g global gsm unlocked.
thanks for your attention.

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Same here (UK XT1032), and I did check it a couple of days ago and got the normal Phone up to date message.

Probably the Moto update server is down. Or perhaps there is an OTA propagating tying up the server and the connection is timing out (I got this a lot during the last OTA).

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine is doing it to but I'm on KitKat 4.4.2. Hopefully this means an update is coming maybe KitKat 4.4.3?

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
i have updated the application softwares, which is successful. but when i check system update it always say: oops! you need a data connection to check for update. go to setting...... does anyone know the reason?
my phone is moto g global gsm unlocked.
thanks for your attention.

Try it on another Wi-Fi network.

Or try it when only in cellular data.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually, just tried on my Moto X and got the same message. Motorola's update servers could be down.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

insanezz

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes the moto update service is down, this has been reported over the official moto forums, they will probarly fix it next week. And just because the update server is down, that doesn't mean 4.4.3 is coming since google itself didn't even release it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie