Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help Me!!!! Moto G 110 degrees!

When I play games or when I'm on WiFi or whatching YouTube it gets around 40-43C or about 105-110F. This started a week ago when my Motorola charger broke and I started using a Samsung charger with the same amps and mah, is this normal? Has anyone else had this problem, and should I request a replacement?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Help Me!!!! Moto G 110 degrees!

Typically when I play games the temperature has been getting up to around 107-109. It hasn't caused any issues with the phone. I've had the Moto G since January of this year and its always done it with more graphically intense games.

I've had the same issue but it hasn't caused any problems. This has been a constant with most of the Android phones I've owned including; Nexus 4, Galaxy S3, and Galaxy S4.

Cool Re: Help Me!!!! Moto G 110 degrees!

@ColbyJvonBrown
    How do you know what temperature it is?
    Do you have an App for that?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah I do! And my battery only last 2 hours now so I requested a replacement!!

Quote Originally Posted by ColbyJvonBrown View Post
    When I play games or when I'm on WiFi or whatching YouTube it gets around 40-43C or about 105-110F. This started a week ago when my Motorola charger broke and I started using a Samsung charger with the same amps and mah, is this normal? Has anyone else had this problem, and should I request a replacement?

Charging precautions: When charging your battery, keep it near room temperature. Never expose batteries to temperatures below 0C (32F) or above 45C (113F) when charging

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ountry_code/US

Max mine has done is 45 when playing real racing 3 and using google maps at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoClive View Post

@ColbyJvonBrown
    How do you know what temperature it is?
    Do you have an App for that?

temp monitor in app store.

or use CQATest built in, for this boot into recovery and select bp tools otherwise you wont see cqatest.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I know they said that its not normal so I need a replacement.

I had overheating problems with my GS3 last summer. I would go outside for an hour of Ingress. That's walking around in the direct sun, running data, gps, and the display the whole time. I recorded temperatures up to 117f. It would be almost too hot to touch and I would have to take it inside, remove the back, and prop it up in front of a fan to cool it off before I could charge it.

I haven't really done that with my Moto G yet, the weather's only starting to get warm enough for that. But, I have noticed it gets pretty warm just driving with a navigation app while charging off the car power.