Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ry
  • 1 Post By Dan Oko
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    14,610 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default US Unlocked/Brazil Retail Moto G: KitKat 4.4.3 (174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US)

The Official Motorola Blog: Android™ 4.4.3, KitKat Rolls Out to Moto Devices This Week

Moto G users who bought online in the U.S. (includes Moto G 4G LTE) and at retail in Brazil

• Improved camera image quality for Moto X including better consistency of exposure, more realistic flash coloring, and improved photos in low light conditions using front camera.
    • For Moto X and Moto G, pausing for video recording with a convenient pause/resume button on the viewfinder.
    • Motorola Alert in this update for Moto X and Moto G users. This new app helps give peace of mind by sending periodic messages to the contacts you choose.

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Ry

Global Posts
    14,610 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: US Unlocked/Brazil Retail Moto G: KitKat 4.4.3

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...il/a_id/100223

Global GSM:174.44.1.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US
    US GSM: 174.44.1.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US

• Android™ 4.4.3, KitKat - Android 4.4.3, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. This release includes several stability, framework and security fixes in addition to accuracy improvements to the power profile.
    • Camera - Pause video recording - Added the ability to pause video recording with a convenient pause/resume button on the viewfinder.
    • Updated Phone dialer - Updated Phone dialer with a new graphical layout and colors to improve consistency and usability.
    • Enables Motorola Alert - New Motorola Alert application sends periodic alerts with your location to your selected contacts.
    ColbyJvonBrown likes this.

Global Posts
    525 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: US Unlocked/Brazil Retail Moto G: KitKat 4.4.3 (174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US)

Why only Moto G's that were bought on Motorola's site? Whats the difference between that and say one on boost mobile. Different varients? I'm asking for someone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Ry

Global Posts
    14,610 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: US Unlocked/Brazil Retail Moto G: KitKat 4.4.3 (174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US)

Quote Originally Posted by TechTinker View Post
    Why only Moto G's that were bought on Motorola's site? Whats the difference between that and say one on boost mobile. Different varients? I'm asking for someone.
    The ones on from the Moto site are the GSM unlocked, no carrier versions. The Boost Mobile one is CDMA.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 4.4.3 release notes on the Motorola site are incorrect or something.

I have a phone that I bought from a retail store for Viaero Wireless in colorado and it is running with this system version and I can assure you, it's not 4.4.3.

Phone states Android Version 4.4.2 with System Version 174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Ry

Global Posts
    14,610 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hockettj View Post
    The 4.4.3 release notes on the Motorola site are incorrect or something.

I have a phone that I bought from a retail store for Viaero Wireless in colorado and it is running with this system version and I can assure you, it's not 4.4.3.

Phone states Android Version 4.4.2 with System Version 174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US.
    Could you post a screenshot? I don't have one on my but Motorola's 4.4.2 release notes have this version listed -

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...9050/kw/KitKat

Global GSM: 172.44.4.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US
    US GSM: 172.44.4.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will non-US android versions get the update? For instance like mine. Its a sim-free phone bought from the UK.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails US Unlocked/Brazil Retail Moto G: KitKat 4.4.3 (174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US)-1401949602663.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New

Sorry...it's 4.4.2....
    what does this mean....Thanx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New

4.4.2 mean kit kat. Moto g comes originally with 4.3. All u need is internet switch on (on your moto g) and update.
    youblighter likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-05-08-59-39.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	121776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just spoke with tier 2 phone support, they are looking into this and supposed to be emailing me soon regarding this. Will update when I have more info.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Ry

Global Posts
    14,610 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hockettj View Post
    Just spoke with tier 2 phone support, they are looking into this and supposed to be emailing me soon regarding this. Will update when I have more info.
    I posted the same question to Motorola on Google+.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Ry

Global Posts
    14,610 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorola didn't come out and say when the other variants would get 4.4.3, but this support page makes me believe that they're "coming soon".

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...6720%2C9050/kw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend you check on the next page, where existing firmwares are detailed:

Motorola Firmwares

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still working with Motorola via Email. So far they have asked for my IMEI, Carrier and whether my phone was rooted. Last communication was an hour ago, that's when they asked if it was rooted and who is my carrier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teckem View Post
    I recommend you check on the next page, where existing firmwares are detailed:

Motorola Firmwares
    I see what you are getting at, but what we are trying to say is that the 4.4.3 release notes linked in the OP are incorrect because they state the system version listed in the release notes should mean you have 4.4.3 when in fact it doesn't because I have been running this system version for about 2 months now and it is not 4.4.3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after reaching out to multiple outlets for Motorola, I received this reply via PM regarding a message I sent the Motorola Facebook page.

John, I was preparing to respond to your forums post so watch for that. There were some typos in a few spots where it said Moto G was launching on 4.4.3. 174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US is definitely 4.4.2.

Still no reply from Email after letting them know my carrier and root status.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kitkat 4.4.3 moto g xt1032

I received the Kitkat 4.4.3 this morning.I like the new dial app

.https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-...7-09-00-59.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails US Unlocked/Brazil Retail Moto G: KitKat 4.4.3 (174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US)-screenshot_2014-06-07-09-00-30.png  
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Ry

Global Posts
    14,610 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Kitkat 4.4.3 moto g xt1032

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Asamoah View Post
    I received the Kitkat 4.4.3 this morning.I like the new dial app

.https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-...7-09-00-59.png