Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Drain? Is this "Normal"?

I have been having problems with the battery not lasting all day for some reason and I can't figure out what it is that's draining my battery so fast, so someone please help me. Also my last moto g had the same problem so I sent it back and got a replacement shipped to me, Its on Verizon!! Here's some pics!

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain? Is this "Normal"?-13082.jpg   Battery Drain? Is this "Normal"?-13084.jpg   Battery Drain? Is this "Normal"?-13083.jpg  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery Drain? Is this "Normal"?

More than 1.5+ hours of on screen time and you still have 74% battery left. Looks pretty normal to me. On an average a smartphone does 4-5 hours of on screen time.

I posted earlier on what I had to do to get standby battery life to something close to what I had with Jelly Bean. I un-installed everything, turned off Sync, location, etc., until I found what was killing my battery in standby. Google Cloud Manager is highly suspect. It is started whenever you use the camera.

In your case, I'd disable WiFi and see what happens.

I'm on 4.5 days since my last charge, still have 54% battery left. This is with about an hour of calling and another hour of screen a day.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Here's an update!!! I think its normal now!!!

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Drain? Is this "Normal"?-13359.jpg   Battery Drain? Is this "Normal"?-13355.jpg   Battery Drain? Is this "Normal"?-13358.jpg   Battery Drain? Is this "Normal"?-13357.jpg