Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After 4.4.3 Update GPS is super slow - Moto G MotoG

So I updated to 4.4.3 on Friday the 6th, I use my Moto G's GPS all the time with My Tracks or Google Maps, and now after the update, it will not lock on to a GPS signal outside, even after 10 minutes. When I run My Tracks, it will almost lock up to a black screen after I turn on the GPS or start recording a track. It took 15 minutes for it to start recording this morning, outside. When I did turn it on outisde, it showed me about 2 miles away. Data and wifi was on and fully connected. I jiust want to post this here to see if anyone else is having GPS issues after the new 4.4.3 update.

Feel free to post details how to downgrade.

Default Re: After 4.4.3 Update GPS is super slow - Moto G MotoG

Hello,

Have you tried clearing cache/data on the apps you mentioned?

Otherwise you maybe a candidate for a factory reset to clear things up after an OS update.

As for downgrading, you would have to unlock your bootloader & possibly root the device to downgrade to 4.4.2 or less.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

ROM
    cm7

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Hello,

Have you tried clearing cache/data on the apps you mentioned?

Otherwise you maybe a candidate for a factory reset to clear things up after an OS update.

As for downgrading, you would have to unlock your bootloader & possibly root the device to downgrade to 4.4.2 or less.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression you could flash a signed (official carrier ROM) by plugging into computer while phone is in bootloader. I found the official ROM for my phone at http://sbf.droid-developers.org

You may be able to use these steps I ran across at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219
    Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

I'm experiencing similar issues with the GPS in my Moto G. It is unable to lock on to GPS satellites even after downloading A-GPS data. Now sure how widespread this issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by dobbs69 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression you could flash a signed (official carrier ROM) by plugging into computer while phone is in bootloader. I found the official ROM for my phone at Motorola Firmwares

You may be able to use these steps I ran across at XDA [GUIDE] Moto G - Restore stock firmware - xda-developers
    Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't aware this was possible. Consider this one a huge win for Moto G fans because this is rare you can downgrade with a locked bootloader.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.