Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After 4.4.3 Update GPS is super slow - Moto G MotoG

So I updated to 4.4.3 on Friday the 6th, I use my Moto G's GPS all the time with My Tracks or Google Maps, and now after the update, it will not lock on to a GPS signal outside, even after 10 minutes. When I run My Tracks, it will almost lock up to a black screen after I turn on the GPS or start recording a track. It took 15 minutes for it to start recording this morning, outside. When I did turn it on outisde, it showed me about 2 miles away. Data and wifi was on and fully connected. I jiust want to post this here to see if anyone else is having GPS issues after the new 4.4.3 update.

Feel free to post details how to downgrade.

Default Re: After 4.4.3 Update GPS is super slow - Moto G MotoG

Hello,

Have you tried clearing cache/data on the apps you mentioned?

Otherwise you maybe a candidate for a factory reset to clear things up after an OS update.

As for downgrading, you would have to unlock your bootloader & possibly root the device to downgrade to 4.4.2 or less.

Carrier
    cm7

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Hello,

Have you tried clearing cache/data on the apps you mentioned?

Otherwise you maybe a candidate for a factory reset to clear things up after an OS update.

As for downgrading, you would have to unlock your bootloader & possibly root the device to downgrade to 4.4.2 or less.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression you could flash a signed (official carrier ROM) by plugging into computer while phone is in bootloader. I found the official ROM for my phone at http://sbf.droid-developers.org

You may be able to use these steps I ran across at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219
    Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

I'm experiencing similar issues with the GPS in my Moto G. It is unable to lock on to GPS satellites even after downloading A-GPS data. Now sure how widespread this issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by dobbs69 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression you could flash a signed (official carrier ROM) by plugging into computer while phone is in bootloader. I found the official ROM for my phone at Motorola Firmwares

You may be able to use these steps I ran across at XDA [GUIDE] Moto G - Restore stock firmware - xda-developers
    Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't aware this was possible. Consider this one a huge win for Moto G fans because this is rare you can downgrade with a locked bootloader.