Anyone know what hardware version the Moto G sold by Cricket is?

Demur

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what hardware version (e.g. global GSM, US GSM, other) this Moto G sold by Cricket Wireless is?:

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/smartphones/motorola-moto-g

I believe it's $149.99 before $50 rebate. A customer service rep told me it's SIM-unlocked, but I'm skeptical. That rep and everyone else at Cricket I talked to are complete dumbasses. For example, I asked that same rep if I could use a GSM Android smartphone on their $25 / month Talk and Text plan if I disabled mobile data on the phone and first he told me I could, then later told me I couldn't (sounds like the same old AT&T). Does anyone know if they're really sold SIM-unlocked?

Demur

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I tried, but the guy I was talking to was useless and told me the only information available is what's on the website. He was supposed to transfer me to some tech support department that could provide better information, but actually transferred me to a different rep that was even worse.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well cricket is AT&T now, and AT&T usually sells it sim locked gsm. My guess would be that. Especially considering the $100 ar price. Unlocked goes for higher

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

caleb02

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I own a moto g on new cricket and it is sim locked. I put a non aio cricket Sim in and needed to unlock it. So I went to a website and unlocked the Sim.

Posted via Android Central App