touch screen unresponsive, screen randomly shuts off?

DroidBehavior

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
new moto g lte, love the hardware/battery life and feel, hate the software issues I am having...If I set my screen to shut off in 15/30 seconds, it will randomly shut off in less than 5. I will be playing a game, reading instructions for 2 seconds, boom screen goes blank. I will be browsing a site on chrome, reading one sentence, boom screen goes blank. Even just dropping my phone to my waist and bring it back to my face screen goes off in that 3 seconds. If I set it to 1 minute +, no issue.

On to touch screen, very odd, on chrome sometimes it doesn't register at all, it happens on my nexus 7 but 5x worse on my moto g. Sometimes its non existent, sometimes I want to punch my phone. When I play certain joystick based games, it jerks all over the place like a loose analog on playstation or something, again, not ALWAYS, but enough to notice.

Lag/delay/stall when opening an app or using chrome, happened about 10 times so far, bearable but definitely not mentioned in any reviews..happens for about 1-2 seconds and then its fine.

I bought this phone because I wanted a medium scale android device to use for android development testing, and also replace my iphone 5 for everyday use, but tbh I might not even use it as my main phone anymore. I am not a huge fan of ios at all, and I hate the ios market, but the one thing they got right is that there was no bugs or issues I ever had, it worked flawlessly to the point where it was boring.

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I would suggest a replacement. It might be hardware problem with the screen. And it is a serious one. Just return it to Motorola and get a working one. Don't loose your time with a phone that has defects. Otherwise it is a great phone.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca