No Headphone Icon!?!?!

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
When I listen to the radio, play music, or pandora there is no headphone icon in the status bar anymore and I don't know how to get it back, but I want to avoid factory data reset if I can I already did it 2 weeks ago and it worked then went back to no icon again!!! I don't want to do it again or get a replacement for something so little but it matters, maybe a software glitch or bug anyone think 4.4.3 or 4.5-5.0 will fix this? Anyone having the same problem?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about a headphone icon appearing in the upper right of the notification bar, or in the upper left? If it's in the upper right, that would suggest a system notification telling you a headphone has been inserted--and as far as I know, this icon is no longer shown in later versions of Jellybean and Kitkat. Since the Moto G is pretty close to vanilla Android, I would guess that it's like my Nexus 5, which has never shown a headphone icon when a headphone is plugged in.

If it's in the upper left, then that's probably the Google Play Music icon, and only appears when you're playing music and then switch to another app. The music keeps playing in the background, and the headphone icon appears in the upper left of the notification bar to let you know Google Play Music is still running in the background.

The other thing I can think of is Bluetooth headphones, which I think will show up in the upper right as a headphone icon.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the left icon shows for Google play music, but there used to be one on the right when I put my headphones on, might have been when I had my moto g on 4.3 but it used to show up on KitKat!?!? So I guess your right thanks!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae