moto g 4.4.3

anon8196564

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I recently got the moto g for my mother and it updated to 4.4.3. But when I used the phone recently I checked the android version and it was 4.4.2. This is the same as my samsung s4 mini surely the moto g should be on 4.4.3? Is it even possible for the phone to go back an android version by itself. I checked for an update and it said it was up to date. I am confused about this will the phone update to 4.4.3 next or could it go straight to 4.4.4?

Posted via Android Central App

alfick3

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I recently got the moto g for my mother and it updated to 4.4.3. But when I used the phone recently I checked the android version and it was 4.4.2. This is the same as my samsung s4 mini surely the moto g should be on 4.4.3? Is it even possible for the phone to go back an android version by itself. I checked for an update and it said it was up to date. I am confused about this will the phone update to 4.4.3 next or could it go straight to 4.4.4?

Are you saying the phone updated to 4.4.3? Or just that you know some Moto Gs have updated? If the phone itself did update, it wouldn't have gone backwards. I'm thinking that the phone didn't update.

Yes, it is possible, and I believe that is what is happening, that the phone will skip 4.4.3 and go straight to the dot 4. I've read some things that say Motorola stopped the dot 3 roll out and will just commence the dot 4 to everyone.

Sent from my Moto G, XT1034, using Tapatalk

anon8196564

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I could swear the phone updated. It must've gone to 4.4.2 from point 4.4.1 then. So I can expect a 4.4.4 update soon?

alfick3

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, the next question would be, is it the unlocked GSM version or the Verizon/Boost Mobile (or any one of the other carrier versions) and are you even in the US? If it's the unlocked GSM version then you will see it sometime after Moto releases it. A carrier version will be several weeks after that.

Sent from my Moto G, XT1034, using Tapatalk

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the Moto G GPe and have not received the 4.4.3 update? Wonder what's up with that? Anybody know?
Didn't Motorola pull the 4.4.3 update due to an SSL security risk ? The latest update is 4.4.4 which addresses the issue, I'd imagine this new update will reach the moto g in due course, it hit my nexus 7 over night.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87