Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default is it possible to change the resolution when I'm using the rear camera?

is it possible to change the resolution when I'm using the rear camera?

all my other phones are Samsung.... their cameras have the option of changing the resolution to 2mp, 4mp, etc...

can this be done on the Moto G? there doesn't to be a settings menu in the camera app at all. (except the one on the left, which doesn't have many options)

Default Re: is it possible to change the resolution when I'm using the rear camera?

If you're using the Google Camera app, swipe in from the left, then tap the gear icon that appears in the lower right. Then tap Resolution & Quality.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Default Re: is it possible to change the resolution when I'm using the rear camera?

On the setting wheel when the 16:9 is on it shoots in 3.8mp (default), turn it off you get the full 5mp.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    is it possible to change the resolution when I'm using the rear camera?

all my other phones are Samsung.... their cameras have the option of changing the resolution to 2mp, 4mp, etc...

can this be done on the Moto G? there doesn't to be a settings menu in the camera app at all. (except the one on the left, which doesn't have many options)
    Currently with the Motorola Camera app, the only way to change the resolution is toggling the 16:9 widescreen option in the settings.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums