Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Poor notifications

Hi folks

I got this phone for my older father and I'm disappointed in the stock launcher. Firstly we hate the odd way he has to answer calls: by sliding to the right. Much prefer just tapping a green answer button!

Also the notifications for voicemail, SMS, and missed calls are terrible. There is a notification popup but it quickly disappears. It's really easy miss these events unless you notice one if the tiny tiny icons on the tray at the top.

Is there a better and more intuitive launcher I could install and that resolve these issues to make it a bit more user friendly for a senior?

Thanks

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    ROM
    A Few

In the play store there are a few launcher applications. Nova seems to be the popular choice

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Poor notifications

there should be alternatives, for showing popups/banners for individual apps, or something to do it all. but the easiest and fastest way would be to:

1. change settings for calls, make it so he can press a button to answer and end calls, instead of relying on the swipe method.

2. use widgets for the required notifications, add them to the home screen, there are usually different sizes available.

I just found this though:
    -- info
    http://lifehacker.com/5908337/notifierpro-adds-prettier-more-informative-banner-notifications-to-android
    -- download
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nlucas.notificationtoaster

Default Re: Poor notifications

Get Heads Up! floating notifications from the play store.It's so convenient and mimics Android L notification. It's from an XDA member.

Moto G