When rooting your device(Need help!)

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
How much safer can you make your phone? Because I've read about if you root your phone apps technically have full permissions of your phone in terms of taking it over.(don't know if thats true or not if they really wanted to) When rooting your phone, will it still connect to your phone provider? And can you control app permissions in terms of what apps can access? And block their access?
:):D

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
How much safer can you make your phone? Because I've read about if you root your phone apps technically have full permissions of your phone in terms of taking it over.(don't know if thats true or not if they really wanted to) When rooting your phone, will it still connect to your phone provider? And can you control app permissions in terms of what apps can access? And block their access?
:):D

Even if you're rooted, not all apps utilize the ability. Some will ask for root permission, but only to your consent (such as a file explorer).

1. Yes, will still connect to your carrier.
2. You can control app permissions with an app like App Ops from the Play Store.

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Even if you're rooted, not all apps utilize the ability. Some will ask for root permission, but only to your consent (such as a file explorer).

1. Yes, will still connect to your carrier.
2. You can control app permissions with an app like App Ops from the Play Store.

Thank you :)Can you make your phone safer by rooting your phone with certain apps? Like firewall and such? Would it be safer than a normal non rooted android?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you :)Can you make your phone safer by rooting your phone with certain apps? Like firewall and such? Would it be safer than a normal non rooted android?

That wouldn't help. Just play it safe, stick to the play store, don't install suspicious things, look at user reviews, etc. You'll be fine if you take basic precautions like that.

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
That wouldn't help. Just play it safe, stick to the play store, don't install suspicious things, look at user reviews, etc. You'll be fine if you take basic precautions like that.

I understand. But I would like to block apps certain permissions. I'm guessing you would not recommend rooting your phone? Just to make it "safer".

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
If you don't have a good reason for root, then no. If you do, then yes.

There's lots of things you lose with root.

For example, your warranty voids.

Warranty I don't care to much about. I'm more after security of my phone in terms of allowing and not allowing apps to do what they want.

Sent from my XT1031 using AC Forums mobile app

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Warranty I don't care to much about. I'm more after security of my phone in terms of allowing and not allowing apps to do what they want.

Sent from my XT1031 using AC Forums mobile app
You don't have to worry about that. The app will ask you for superuser permission and you can deny it. Just stick to the play store apps and don't download apps from rogue websites.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois