Moto G on 4.4.4

izzy67

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My boost mobile Moto G isn't getting the 4.4.4 update. I did put in Verizon roms to make it work on page plus. Does anyone know if I was supposed to get the update yet or its because of the Verizon roms that I'm not getting it? And also if ever do get the update will it ruin the custom rom??

Sent from my MOTO G

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
They've released Android 4.4.4? I did not know Motorola phones were even getting 4.4.4, I've only been reading that Motorola phones on certain carries like Verizon and Sprint were getting Android 4.4.3. I know Boost hasn't released that version yet. I really hope they do release it soon!

Sent from my Moto G using AC Forums mobile app

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
They've released Android 4.4.4? I did not know Motorola phones were even getting 4.4.4, I've only been reading that Motorola phones on certain carries like Verizon and Sprint were getting Android 4.4.3. I know Boost hasn't released that version yet. I really hope they do release it soon!

It sure is, as well as the E.

Been rolling out for a little while now depending upon region etc.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
It sure is, as well as the E.

Been rolling out for a little while now depending upon region etc.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

I really wish Boost Mobile would hurry up with pushing the OTA update!

izzy67

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
No sorry about the misunderstanding. I didnt mean its not getting, I meant I haven't gotten it yet and was wondering why?!!

Sent from my MOTO G

Synapse2synapse

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Umm, is the phone supposed to turn on and off continually? It said it would take about 10 minutes to complete, but I didn't think it would turn on and off.

Is my phone messed up?

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I didn't even know there was an update until this morning when I was in the middle of a phone call and the phone started acting all wiggy. First Gmail kept popping up all on it's own and kept trying to send some bizarre message. I couldn't get to the home screen, because every time I tried hitting the Home button Gmail would pop up again. Finally I noticed the system update in the Notification bar and I couldn't get the bar to pull down. For a while I couldn't even touch the screen and get anything to work.

Eventually I managed to click on the system update in the Notification bar and it started downloading 4.4.4. The whole system kept acting wiggy until the download was complete then I was finally able to access the Home screen. I have no idea why it was acting all buggy, but once the update was installed it went back to acting normally.

Weird.....

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
That is weird, dougdraws. On mine the notification showed up in the notifications area, I made certain WiFi was turned on (or turned it on--don't recall) and told it to proceed. It did its thing, rebooted and went back to the lock screen. I unlocked, poked-around, decided all was well, and set it back down. It was a relatively uneventful incident.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
That is weird, dougdraws. On mine the notification showed up in the notifications area, I made certain WiFi was turned on (or turned it on--don't recall) and told it to proceed. It did its thing, rebooted and went back to the lock screen. I unlocked, poked-around, decided all was well, and set it back down. It was a relatively uneventful incident.

Spoiled ... :)

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm in India, using Moto E, and I'd got that by around June-July 2014. Thank you unlocked phones

Posted via the Android Central App

Lucky duck you! Been waiting for the update to fix my problem I've been having with assisted dialing. It would keep popping up with a notification but now its fixed :).