Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Moto G Kit Kat 4.4.4 first impressions

So it's been a week or so since I updated my unlocked UK Moto G to 4.4.4, here are my thoughts on some of the things others have posted about.
    I haven't noticed any difference in battery life, less or more.
    Apps are faster to open and seem faster in use, the phone in general is definitely faster. The only app that's been causing problems is Chrome, it just doesn't want to load some websites properly...whether that's a Chrome issue, a Chrome with 4.4.4 issue I have no idea, I'm sure there will be a fix for that some time.
    Heatwise, yes, the phone heats up way more than it did before ( I did clear the partition cache, I didn't do a full reset.)...unless my phone actually starts to melt or it burns my hand I don't care too much if it heats up.
    Some people mentioned music player and WiFi issues, again I haven't noticed anything like that.
    Overall the Moto G is still the fanatastic phone it's always been, I don't use a case and it's pretty much scuff and scratch free, no marks at all on the screen, a faint mark on the back caused by some hair product splashing onto it while I was getting my hair cut...but that's easily fixed with a replacement back cover for £7.99 in the UK.
    Can't complain...best phone I've ever had.

Harv.!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that the camera has improved some with 4.4.4. The processing seems to be a bit less harsh on the quality. With 4.4.2 as soon as you zoomed a bit, faces in particular was just o reddish, blurry mess. Now I feel that you actually can crop photos a bit tighter if you have the need 😃

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few days back, I installed apus launcher. From then I've noticed that my battery is going down quickly and its not the battery I used to have.
    Any solutions to retain my battery? :/

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already have my developer options unlocked and animations down to none. I think my phone is already fast I'll just wait for the Android L update
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12