Built CM11 4.4.4 with classic 4.3 webview. Interested in trying it?
One of my biggest gripes with KitKat is the crippled webview. A number of great browsers relied on webview, and delivered an unmatched experience with text reflow and configurable zoom defaults. In my attempt to get it back, I've compiled a CM11 with the older 4.3 webview.
I have the newer Moto G LTE, but unfortunately there are no custom roms yet so I have not been able to build one for my own device. As a result, I'm looking for users familiar with the flashing process and are willing to try this out and report back on how well it works on their non-LTE Moto G.
Some information and warnings
- Rom base is CM 11 KitKat 4.4.4 (Thanks CM Team, dhacker29, etc)
- This is for the non-LTE Moto G, aka Falcon
- Uses stock CM11 pre-built kernel
- updater-script has not been changed, so it should be the same flashing steps as the official CM11
- I do not have the regular Moto G, so I have NOT been able to test this myself
- You should be familiar with recoveries and have a proper backup of your device
- You will be doing everything at your own risk. I am not responsible if you end up damaging or bricking your device.
Just leave a reply and I'll get back to your with a PM with a link to download the rom.