Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Stuart Harlow
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wifi problems since 4.4.4 update

has anyone had wifi drop out problems since updating tried everything even factory reset still having connection problems

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: wifi problems since 4.4.4 update

i did, but then rebooted my phone and reconnected to the wifi, and it was fine after. if its still a problem though, i wonder if changing a certain setting would stop the issue, but then the battery would be used faster, so maybe not an option.

settings >> wifi >> menu >> advanced >> wi-fi optimisation (uncheck it)
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,347 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Harlow View Post
    has anyone had wifi drop out problems since updating tried everything even factory reset still having connection problems

Which model do you have?
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ive tried unchecking optimisation still the same been in contact with motorola still awaiting reply

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

its the Moto G uk retail version

Welcome to Android Central! Is this on any wi-fi network, or only on your home network? Review this guide, and see if any of the tips help: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

its on my home network will have a look and try some of the suggestions thanks

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Problem solved (hopefully) wiped cache partition ( https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8696) made sure optimisation was unchecked rebooted phone and router and upto yet wifi running a lot smoother ...thanks for the help and replies !

B. Diddy and nash_darren like this.

Yeah I've had the same issue, Moto G on Vodafone UK. Since the update the phone is constantly dropping signal and says not connected, its really pissing me off. I'm clearing the cache now and... it seems to be working, yeah man. Thanks OP for starting the thread, still moto should be ashamed.

of course it shouldn't be necessary, but when it does lose connection (which isn't that often), I just disable WiFi for 2 seconds and then enable it again.

this is one of the reasons why i rooted my phone and reverted back to jellybean!

I have a question.
    I have the same problem, my MOTO G is connected with my wi-fi network but sometimes i get this error:
    wifi problems since 4.4.4 update-screenshot_2014-08-26-16-23-18.png
    Chrome say "you are offline"
    "Clear wipe cache partition" will invalidate the official warranty on MOTO G ??

Same here.

wifi problems since 4.4.4 update-screenshot_2014-09-04-17-53-34.png
    I bought the Moto G 8Gb 2 weeks ago and i'm very satisfied, however the wifi keeps dropping. It says the signal is excellent but no connection at all. As blackveils mentioned above, if i disable and enable the wifi, it works perfectly. But after 2-30 minutes stops, no internet (with full wifi signal) and i need to reconnect, turning off and on again. Very annoying. Can't even watch a video. I tried clearing cache partition, factory reset, all the "Advanced Wi-Fi" settings, and even safe mod. None of them worked. I have the updated, 4.4.4 version too. I haven't modified anything.

wifi problems since 4.4.4 update-screenshot_2014-09-04-17-54-35.png

......u see? it shows it's connected. I don't understand what's the problem, maybe the 4.4.4. My older smartphone has STABLE wifi connection with my hotspot. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistake, i'm not a native english speaker. Thx for any help in advance

it is mysterious, i used to only lose connection once or twice a day, now its frequent. i wonder what changed. and i did originally clear system cache.