Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to turn on moto g without power button

Hello,

I would like to know whether there is any way to power up moto g without the power button . The button stopped working yesterday and now my phone froze. Please let me know if there is any alternative way to power up my phone. Thanks in advance

Default Re: How to turn on moto g without power button

There is an app that can wake a phone with a tap on the screen. Think it was called "tap to wake" or something similar. Or just plug in the charger 😃

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Just curious, have you tried holding down the power button for 10 seconds? If you haven't tried that, it could just be that the phone locked up and needs to be reset; holding the power button down is how you reset the phone. If that doesn't work, then likely you'll need to call Motorola and likely need to get the phone replaced.

And as Snapphane stated, you can plug it in and the screen should wake. You also might try connecting it to your computer; while you likely can't get into the Android System areas (unless you are rooted), it should let you save any personal files and photos you have on the phone (so long as the phone is working, just the power button not working).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

just the power button is not working and the phone went out of charge. Will pluging it into charge turn up the phone? Ive noticed that sometimes its does power up after the charge is above 5% and sometimes it doesnt. I was wondering what i will do if it doesnt power up.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

If the phone doesn't power on, about your only choice is to contact Motorola Support.

Cool Re: How to turn on moto g without power button

plug in the charger and long press the volume down key, both should be done simultaneously at the same time.
    Then you will get a screen where u will get options like normal reboot, reset etc.

if u want to scroll on options u can use volume down key.

you can select options by using volume up button.

there u need to select the first option.

try this,
    u will get the result,

you totally saved my life right now, no words can explain my gratitude towards you, thanks man