Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By anon177
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Wifi connects everywhere but my home

So, this is the first time I'm using a smartphone. I've just gained this Moto G yesterday, tried to connect at my home's wifi and I didn't work. Later I went to my university and had no problems when connecting in theirs wifi and at my friend's house wifi.
    When i'm at home, I click to connect at my wifi, put the pass correctly and then nothing happens.

I've already tried to: restart my modem, forgot the wifi to try again, restart the mobile phone... nothing worked.
    What is causing this issue and how to solve it? Thanks.

Default Re: Wifi connects everywhere but my home

Welcome to Android Central! Review this guide and see if the tips help: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

What message are you getting when you try to connect?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I actually got no message at all. When I click to connect, nothing happens.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by anon177 View Post
    I actually got no message at all. When I click to connect, nothing happens.
    When you pull down the notification shade, is the WiFi icon white or orange? If it's the latter, then it's not connecting to Google services and you'll have issues connecting to a few things. I usually fix that by removing the Google account and adding it again.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    B. Diddy likes this.

Make sure it's the Quick Settings shade, to see the color of the wi-fi indicator.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    When you pull down the notification shade, is the WiFi icon white or orange? If it's the latter, then it's not connecting to Google services and you'll have issues connecting to a few things. I usually fix that by removing the Google account and adding it again.
    The WiFi icon doesn't appear (in the upper right corner). Like I said, when I click to connect, nothing at all happens. If the WiFi was forgoten, then it just saves it again but doesn't connect. If it is saved, then I click to connect and again... nothing happens. Btw, how do I remove the google account?

What happens on the Settings>Wi-fi screen when you turn on wi-fi. Does it actually register as "On"? Or is it greyed out?

You can remove a Google account in Settings>Accounts. Select your account, tap the menu button, then Remove account.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks guys, I've already found a solution. I just changed the SSID and everything went ok.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by anon177 View Post
    Thanks guys, I've already found a solution. I just changed the SSID and everything went ok.
    Glad you got it fixed

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2