Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Moto G from Cricket Wireless Question?

Folks,

I was just wondering if anyone can confirm this....Is the Moto G offered by Cricket Wireless the same one you can get off of Moto's website? It looks like it is at a glance. (I know its the smaller one! It's for a person that has never had a smartphone. So I figured the Moto G is going to be a GREAT first smartphone.)

Any information would be great!

Thanks guys!

Default Re: Moto G from Cricket Wireless Question?

There is only one size. In fact the g and x are the same physical size (though different speaker placement)

Keep in mind that the cricket version is locked to cricket (or probably att) and the rebate requires active service with cricket.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    There is only one size. In fact the g and x are the same physical size (though different speaker placement)

Keep in mind that the cricket version is locked to cricket (or probably att) and the rebate requires active service with cricket.

YEs they are going to cricket anyways so its a good deal for them. But they can unlock it to make it like the GSM model correct? minus software updates come from Cricket as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    YEs they are going to cricket anyways so its a good deal for them. But they can unlock it to make it like the GSM model correct? minus software updates come from Cricket as well.
    Yes it can be unlocked after 4 months of consecutive usage. I believe it should have similar to the usa gsm unlocked version. Keep in mind no 4GLTE (though for the price....). The international gsm version may be different, I would imagine that both are quad band gsm, but some 3g overseas might not be supported. In the US though, tmo and att should be fully supported, less lte.

I have the Verizon variant and it has a nice complement of Verizon bloat too, though most can disabled. I would suspect cricket might have some bloat too.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cont...ce-unlock.html

Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Yes it can be unlocked after 4 months of consecutive usage. I believe it should have similar to the gsm unlocked version. Keep in mind no 4GLTE (though for the price....)

I have the Verizon variant and it has a nice complement of Verizon bloat too, though most can disabled. I would suspect cricket might have some bloat too.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cont...ce-unlock.html

Thanks a lot dpham00! As always its a pleasure my friend.