Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By honeyfleur
  • 1 Post By unknownemous
  • 1 Post By yourphonemyphone
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Batter life and 4.4 update

Hi all,
    I have a beloved Moto G which prior to the 4.4 update was giving me nearly 2 days of battery, which I thought was fab, and one of most important things for me on a smartphone. I resisted the update because I'd heard it could negatively impact on this, but the blasted alerts were going off continuously, so I gave in and downloaded it...and guess what, it halved my battery use, HUGE GRRRRRS! So, I had a good look on the forums..apparently, updates can make a major hit on battery use for a week or so but should level out. Mototola suggest calibrating your battery, so running it right down and charging for a couple of times....I also found that the update reactivated everything I'd turned off to conserve battery...my screen was back up to 100% when I have it on 13%, and there's a thing called Motorola Spotlight which was really hogging my battery, so I've turned that off too, as well as the usual suspects GPS, no Facebook, no pushing emails etc, and now, after sorting all of this, my battery seems to be improving steadily. I also only use 2G mostly when out, which I've found makes a big difference, have also stopped locations services, motocare, but gallery seems to be using a lot now??? Also, there's a fab app called Carat which analyses your phone over a week or so and feeds back on hogs, bugs etc...worth a look if your obsessive like me on battery use.

Anyway, apart from all that palavering, I've not noticed much good about the update and really wish these not that fab changes wouldn't be forced on Motorola users...

All best, Claire

Default Re: Batter life and 4.4 update

Might be worth doing a cache partition wipe as well, which can be useful after a system update. You won't erase any personal data. The steps for the Moto X should also work for the Moto G: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8696
    UJ95x and honeyfleur like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Oh yes, forgot that one ...a must do :-)
    B. Diddy likes this.

You can downgrade back to 4.4.2 if you wish.

Posted via Android Central App
    honeyfleur likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Can you?? How? :-)

I knew the Moto G was versatile... but had no idea that it could also make batter
    B. Diddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyfleur View Post
    Can you?? How? :-)
    Looks like I need 10 posts to post a link. Head over to xda and check out the thread titled "Restore stock firmware".