Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Hey guys I have KitKat 4.4.4 installed on my moto g

I have noticed that when I try to resume an app from the multi task window, instead of resuming it reloads the whole app instead. Any ideas on how to avoid this

Is it something specific to KitKat or to the device?

Thanks in advance for your help

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: Resuming apps in KitKat

Welcome to Android Central! It's technically not a "multitasking" list. The Recent Apps list shows which apps you've used recently. Some of these apps might be cached in the background so that they restart immediately where they left off, but this depends on a number of factors, like how much RAM the app takes up when active (if it takes up a huge amount, the system will likely close it out if you start doing something else), and how soon you go back to the app (if you wait a while and do other things, the system will swap the app out of RAM in favor of other apps you're using).
    Thanked by:
    AkkiCool likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Thanks diddy for your reply.

If RAM is indeed the issue then how come my friend's device which has the same RAM can instantly resume app?

Moreover this happens with almost every app - even in the browser while trying to switch between the tabs (refreshes every tab I revisit)

It's hard to compare one device with a completely different one with the same amount of RAM, unless they have the exact same UI and apps.

Do you have any Developer Options turned on? Or task killer/RAM cleaner apps installed? Is something automatically killing apps in an attempt to improve battery life or "boost RAM"?

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Also, are you swiping away apps that you won't soon come back to? A few days ago I was helping a friend, looked like he had every app he'd used in 2 weeks listed in Recent apps.

Posted via Android Central App on my HP TouchPad (Schizoid PAC-ROM 4.2.2)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Diddy,

Yes I had clean master installed to free up some RAM and cleaning the junk files which I uninstalled. Didn't notice any change.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goldfndr View Post
    Also, are you swiping away apps that you won't soon come back to? A few days ago I was helping a friend, looked like he had every app he'd used in 2 weeks listed in Recent apps.

Posted via Android Central App on my HP TouchPad (Schizoid PAC-ROM 4.2.2)
    Yes I do swipe them away regularly as soon as I am done with them. I looked at some other threads and looked like this problem is there for all moto g devices - maybe this is how the device is programmed

Quote Originally Posted by AkkiCool View Post
    Diddy,

Yes I had clean master installed to free up some RAM and cleaning the junk files which I uninstalled. Didn't notice any change.

Actually, what I was getting at is that apps like CleanMaster and other "RAM boosters" can cause the problem that you're seeing. If an app like that is constantly force closing apps soon after you leave them, then performance may actually suffer, since those apps have to start up all over again when you go back to them--this can include the Launcher as well. Try uninstalling or disabling CleanMaster and see if that helps.