Sending Contacts via SMS/MMS?

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
With my HTC Sensation 4G I could select to "share" a contact via SMS or MMS (as well as other methods). (Tho, IIRC, trying to do it with SMS would [usually?] fail.) But my Moto G (2013) gives me no such option. Anybody know why that is?

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
With my HTC Sensation 4G I could select to "share" a contact via SMS or MMS (as well as other methods). (Tho, IIRC, trying to do it with SMS would [usually?] fail.) But my Moto G (2013) gives me no such option. Anybody know why that is?

two ways to do this:

1. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...uboltapps.contactsviasms&hl=en&token=Ol-uHWuL

2. go into the dialer. in the contact list press the part of the contact where there is (or should be) a photo. now click on the top part where the name of the contact is in the white dialog that opened.now in the screen that opened long press on the number. a dialog will open asking if you want to copy to clipboard. copy it. now open messaging, and long press the area where you type. paste it.

you can also go into settings on bottom right corner of the dialer and select share import/export and then the last option in the dialog that opens, which is share visible contacts. however this will create a vcf file and will only share with email and skype and such. i normally use method 2 above and i have to write the name myself.

this is because moto g has literally stock android, theres nothing built on top by the manufacturer to help, which is good and bad in a way, but i think its good, you only need the right apps to get the job done, no bloatware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2