Moto G (2013) Why does my phone randomly stop reading my SIM card?

yashjain284

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I had bought Moto G Gen 1 at flipkart 6 months ago. Since last two months i have been facing SIM card issues in the device.
The device randomly stops reading the SIM card, I have to switch it off and remove the sim card and insert it again and then reboot.
Is this a firmware problem or an issue with Kitkat 4.4.4 ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would first suspect either the SIM card or the SIM card slot. Can you get a replacement SIM card from your carrier? If the problem persists with a new SIM card, then you may want to contact Motorola about the issue.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I had bought Moto G Gen 1 at flipkart 6 months ago. Since last two months i have been facing SIM card issues in the device.
The device randomly stops reading the SIM card, I have to switch it off and remove the sim card and insert it again and then reboot.
Is this a firmware problem or an issue with Kitkat 4.4.4 ?
Check out these threads. You may wish to sign up, there, and post to whichever of them is appropriate:

Connection/SIM performance on 4.4.4

Post KitKat upgrade BUGs (Loss of signal etc)

India - signal/SIM issues?

Tho, TBH, I've not seen a response from anybody at Motorola in the months I've been watching, and contributing, to the 1st two of those threads. So I'm not sure how much good it'll do.

I even directly messaged one of the Motoloa people that had been participating in those threads. I received no response.

Good luck.

(P.S.: Twice my "G" experienced the "loss of cell signal" bug. I did a cache partition clear and factory reset after the second incident. Perhaps that did the trick, as it hasn't happened again, since. [Crossing fingers.])

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38