Serious Issues!!!

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
My phone always freezes, ram is always 500-700, overheating battery, no status bar or buttons and constant reload of whole homepage, I just need help!!! Any advice is great!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 3233.jpg
    3233.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 3298.jpg
    3298.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 3299.jpg
    3299.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 3316.jpg
    3316.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 3317.jpg
    3317.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 3318.jpg
    3318.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 3319.jpg
    3319.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 3320.jpg
    3320.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 3321.jpg
    3321.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 3322.jpg
    3322.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 57

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes at least 5 times!!! Should I just call in for a replacement and not update to KitKat 4.4.4 and stay on 4.4.2 when I had great battery life, or wait till lollipop ota?

Last edited:

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Do a cache partition clear and factory reset. Then install nothing, activate nothing, other than the absolute minimum you need. Go into "Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> your account" and uncheck all the services you do not use. Do not activate Google Now.

Use the phone for a week and see how it does. Then, assuming it works well, you can start adding things back.

My battery lasts so long I have trouble running it down occasionally.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree completely with Old Stoneface tips. Google Search is using a lot of battery (Google Now?).

Your battery stats are not good at all and with Moto G you should get 5+ SOT without problem. Your phone is awake most of the time, that means some app is running wild.

After the reset forget apps like Clean Master or Weather Channel widgets and try to restrict sync/upload settings in apps like Google +. For example, sync just when on WiFi and the phone is charging.

About the status bar and buttons disappearing. I see you're using Power Toggles, make sure in the settings that "immersive mode" is unchecked.

In the other thread you were worried about how much time took to wipe the cache partition (8 min). Don't worry, that's sort of normal. Mine takes about the same, but in the end the green robot manages to do the job :)

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I had some drain issues last week too. Nothing like what you're describing, but I isolated the problem to the Google Fit and Google+ syncs. I don't think you need to outright disable Google Now just yet (honestly it's one of the best things about the Android infrastructure IMO). Try unchecking those sync options within your Google account first. If you don't back up your photos via Google+ Photos, you can unselect that too, but at least make sure that you have it restricted to wifi if you leave it on.

I agree about the Power Toggles tip. Think that's what is getting you there.

Also, what launcher are you using? I can't tell if that's stock or Google Now. If it's Google Now, I've found that it's incredibly laggy on this phone due to the 1GB RAM. Constant reload after almost any app load and minimization. Use Nova Launcher or stock.

BTW, it's not a bad thing for your phone to have a lot of RAM in use. That's how the Android OS works. Essentially you don't want a lot of free memory b/c it means you don't have quick access to your apps.

My personal tip: forget Clean Master. You shouldn't need it on this phone. It's lightning fast by itself and is just taking up RAM that could go to something else.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean power toggles? I'm always on WiFi I haven't activated it yet and don't plan on it till Christmas. And can I still use the weather channel without the widget or just completely uninstall it? I will do the reset now and check back in a couple of hours so wish me luck!! And does battery doctor work, do you suggest just use the phone normally?

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean power toggles? I'm always on WiFi I haven't activated it yet and don't plan on it till Christmas. And can I still use the weather channel without the widget or just completely uninstall it? I will do the reset now and check back in a couple of hours so wish me luck!! And does battery doctor work, do you suggest just use the phone normally?

Power Toggles is the app for the switches widget that you've got below the Google search bar (WiFi, screen, mobile ...). Open the app drawer, look for it and open. Tap on settings - Toggles settings - immersive mode. Uncheck the two options.

The thing about the weather widget. You're having some problems with background processes, so try to keep them at a minimum until you figure out what's killing your battery.

I don't like battery saver apps or task killers. I think the do more harm than good. Most useful things you can do from the settings. If you need better battery stats, Gsam could be the best option (I can see you have downloaded it already).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone always freezes, ram is always 500-700
In Android, RAM should always be as filled as possible. Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Multitasking the Android Way (I never argue with the person who wrote the code - she knows what she wrote.)

I don't know why the rest is happening, I'd have to have the phone on the bench to find out, but your phone is awake almost 100% of the time. Install Wakelock Detector (read Wakelock with non-rooted KitKat first) to see why, then address those apps that shouldn't be waking the phone constantly. Fixing that may fix other problems.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There's something weird in your screenshots. You said that you only use WiFi and that you didn't activated the SIM card (or the data plan). In the status bar just appears mobile data (3g) and network signal. In the graph the WiFi bar is missing.
And all data used by Play services is mobile!!

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
That's because my WiFi wasn't working and I forgot to put it in airplane mode when I went to sleep. And it seems it only does it when I'm off WiFi and mobile data is on and airplane mode is off guess it must be a bug? Anymore questions because it frustrating!!

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
And this is what's running my battery down!!!!

Attachments

• 282.jpg
    282.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 280.jpg
    280.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 281.jpg
    281.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 283.jpg
    283.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 279.jpg
    279.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 278.jpg
    278.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 277.jpg
    277.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 12
  • 276.jpg
    276.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 270.jpg
    270.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 19

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
To have better battery readings you should wait until the charge left is about 20%.

After a quick look I can't see anything wrong in your screenshots. You have used 21% of the total charge and that gave you 1h 11m of screen on. That's not so bad.

Last edited: