Are my emails being deleted from the Server?

motoxen

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
emails Being Deleted from Server?

New user here, this is my 1st smartphone, and I'm a senior citizen.

Moto G XT1032 (dual SIm) running 4.4.4.

I have the stock Android email client configured to "Delete email from server = Never". But it often does delete email from the server when it fetches it via POP. Not every time, but often enough that I can't trust it. Many times I've had to forward an email from the phone because it got deleted when read.

Any idea what's wrong? Would another email app be solution? Thanks for any help.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: emails Being Deleted from Server?

I don't have enough experience with the stock email app to help with troubleshooting.

But I do recommend the Gmail app. The latest version is capable of using emails other than Gmail, and setup is pretty easy (and I'm someone who gets confused with setting up POP and IMAP and all that). If you're using an email service other than Gmail, I should note that emails are not pushed; you set a routine time period for the app to check for mail, e.g. every hour.

oesje

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

Maybe there is something you need to set up in your email settings? What provider do you use?

motoxen

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

Thanks guys, I'll try another app instead of the stock Android one.

I'm fetching from my domain hosted on r4l.com, but it's not a server side problem. Works fine with iPhone, so something is wrong in the POP protocol that the Android client is using. And it's intermittent, so hard to troubleshoot.

Yeah, maybe time to change to IMAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49