First Time Error

Suhail Bashir

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I got this strange error message today. Something like 'com.android.phone has stopped'. I pressed the 'OK' button, but the error prompted me again in some nanoseconds. So basically, I couldn't reboot my phone because of this. Finally it restarted on its own and its working fine since.
This is the first time I got this error. What does this mean and what could be the possible cause?

Eagerly waiting for an answer.
Thank you

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I got this strange error message today. Something like 'com.android.phone has stopped'. I pressed the 'OK' button, but the error prompted me again in some nanoseconds. So basically, I couldn't reboot my phone because of this. Finally it restarted on its own and its working fine since.
This is the first time I got this error. What does this mean and what could be the possible cause?

Eagerly waiting for an answer.
Thank you
It could be an app or service. It's hard to saw what exactly is causing the problem, but usually a reboot fixes the problem. If it reoccurs, I would suggest going into the Recovery and wiping cache (not data) then rebooting to see how that works.