Moto G (1st Gen) XT1033: 5.0 Lollipop Update (220.21.25)

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is Moto G 2013 getting Android 5.0/L ?

We all are waiting but hearing this news we got disappointed.
Several news says Lollipop installed users suffer several errors. :-(
What's are the problems ?

amkarkare96

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Moto G(2013)

I have Moto G(2013) edition in India. When will it receive Lollipop OTA update ??????

Posted via the Android Central App

Goutham Raju

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
When we people in India get android L for 2013 MOTOG ???

Anyone got this update In India?? We people are much waiting for this here.

Yash Sadhwani

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Moto G(2013)

According to android central, you should've received an update, but my friends have not reported of any such ota

Suhail Bashir

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Android L for Moto G (2013), Share Experiences

Did anyone yet receive the Lolipop update for Moto G (2013). I haven't, but I was wondering if anyone out there have updated to the latest version. Share your experience if you have. Bugs included, if any

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Moto G(2013)

From what I can make out via the chatter on XDA and the Moto support forum all of the 'releases' to date for the 2013 Moto G other than the GPE version are to soak test participants with no public release as yet. Testing is on the Indian and Brazilian models. Soak test participants have to pre-registered with the Motorola Feedback network https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775

Last edited:

Yongki Siaw

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I had and I'm in Indonesia. For bugs there's not much but sometimes the animation lags but it's very rarely. It does make my phone faster and a lot actually. My model number is xt1033

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Got the update in Brazil. My model is xt1033 dual and the lollipop version is 5.0.2.

Just a couple of things that bother me. Lost the a ability to toggle mobile data (I use Power Toggles. WiFi toggle works fine though). I don't like to have the notifications in my lock screen and I use a pattern to unlock my phone. So now I have to swipe up and then input the pattern to unlock. Nothing terrible, but I think Google has to do something about it in next update.

Besides that Lollipop is just great. I haven't wiped the cache partition yet. I want to test everything for a couple more days before doing that.

So far everything is good. Great improvement in performance and battery life. I had animation in the developers options set to 0.5x and changed it back to 1x. Telling you, the phone flies with Lollipop!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Just an advice. Don't install the update if you're in a rush. :)
You'll need at least an hour to download, install, optimise apps, reboot, update play services and first post installation configuration.

Make sure you've got enough battery juice for the process. If you update with the phone charging be aware that is going to get a bit hot.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It depends on your country and carrier. This update batch was for retail phones in Brazil and I think the LTE model wasn't included in it. Just patience. :)

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your country and carrier. This update batch was for retail phones in Brazil and I think the LTE model wasn't included in it. Just patience. :)

Thanks! Girlfriend has the LTE USA version. Sure it will be here soon. Thanks for the reply!

Ryan Veigas

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Got the update sometime last week to 5.0.2. Facing WiFi drop issues though. Had this problem initially with KitKat too, a friend suggested to disconnect from the WiFi network and reconnect.. Should be fine there onwards. I'm testing the disconnect and connect method, will let y'all know what happens