moto g charging

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone will draw as much current as it's designed to draw, as long as the charger is capable of supplying it. Evidently the Moto charger isn't capable of supplying as much current as the phone can draw. As long as it's not drawing more than the battery capacity - called a 1C charge (IOW, if the battery has a 2.07 Amp [2070 mA] capacity, the maximum charge rate should be 2.07 Amps] - the battery will be fine. Even if the charger is capable of supplying more current, the phone won't draw more. (A 100 Watt light bulb in North America - that's 110 Volts - draws almost an Amp. The house can typically supply 200 Amps. The bulb still only draws just under 1 Amp [100/110]. The same with the phone - if it's designed to draw 1.5 Amps, and the Moto charger can supply only 1 Amp, it'll take longer to charge than it will with a charger that can supply 1.5 Amps or more.)

(I normally charge my phones from a 5 Volt, 30 Amp bench supply with a few USB female connectors hanging out of it. 30 Amps into the battery would cause an explosion. Connecting the phone to a 30 Amp supply still has my Note 3 drawing 1.2 Amps, the most it's drawn from any charger. On USB charge, it draws only 450mA - because that's all the USB port in my computer can provide - so it takes almost 3 times as long to charge it that way.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton