Why can't I see wifi network on my Moto G?

Amit Kuliyal

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
can't see wifi network on my moto g ...help!!!

I am not able to search/find a wifi network on my moto g xt1033 running lollipop 5.0 while my friends can see and access it without any issue. One more thing i can connect to other network normally, so my device is fine.
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: can't see wifi network on my moto g ...help!!!

Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if the wifi signal that the phone can't see is on the 2.4 GHz band or the 5 GHz band? The Moto G is single band only (2.4 GHz), so if the wifi network is 5 GHz, the phone won't be able to find it.

Amit Kuliyal

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

thanks for the help....so is there anything i can do to see that network?
One more thing i managed to connect it once and after that everything was fine for 2-3 days but after that suddenly next day again i couldn't see it on my device.

Amit Kuliyal

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

it works if you just reset the router/modem and if that also doesn't work than in settings-wi-fi manually add the WiFi network

paleogal

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I tried to manually add the network, but it still doesn't show up at all. Actually, no networks are showing up anymore, since I upgraded to 5. Any help would be appreciated!

HonestScorpio22

May 25, 2018
Visit site
Hey. So if this problem isn't solved yet, here's my solution. Change the desired channel of your router. WiFi -> manage router (web browser opens and you see your IP address etc with all connected decides to your wifi network. Go to wireless, you'll be asked to sign in your network. After you did this find *desired channel* and try out which ever suits your need. ✌️

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams