Trying to update to Lollipop

colepilk

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm trying to update my moto G to lollipop but every time I do it I get the android laying down with the exclamation mark and I have been rooted but, I have factory reset twice. Please help me asap, I have been waiting for L since January!

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Did you unroot? I don't believe just a factory reset will delete root. Also is your boot loader unlocked? The phone has to be completely "Stock" or the phone won't accept the update. I hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App.
Boost Mobile Moto G (4.4.4)
Or The Sprint LG G3 (5.0.1)

colepilk

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Did you unroot? I don't believe just a factory reset will delete root. Also is your boot loader unlocked? The phone has to be completely "Stock" or the phone won't accept the update. I hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App.
Boost Mobile Moto G (4.4.4)
Or The Sprint LG G3 (5.0.1)

Could you explain how I would do this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Fedginator

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Easiest method (though you will lose data) would be to flash the update via mfastboot (go to motorola developers website) or go into supersu and do full unroot before trying to install update - but you must have stock recovery and it may not work

colepilk

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Easiest method (though you will lose data) would be to flash the update via mfastboot (go to motorola developers website) or go into supersu and do full unroot before trying to install update - but you must have stock recovery and it may not work

Do you have an exact link?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2