Will Verizon prepaid Moto G ever get Lollipop? And do I want it?

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
We have a prepaid Moto G (2013) on Verizon. It meets our needs, I got it cheap and have no desire to get a new phone to replace it at the moment. There has been no sign of an update to Lollipop on this phone, while lots of other devices have been updated, including the Moto G on other carriers.

Does anyone believe that this phone will ever be updated? And do I want 5.x.x? I rolled back to 4.4.4 on my Nexus 7 because 5.0 was so awful and I'm leaving it there!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will Verion prepaid Moto G ever get Lollipop? And do I want it?

I think it'll get Lollipop 5.1.

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, Ry. I see you have a VZW G, so I have to ask - is your reply based on some inside knowledge that you have gleaned or is it wishful thinking?
And what about the second part of my inquiry - what's the track record on 3G 2013Gs updating to 5.x and/or VZW Moto X updates (yes, I noticed you have one of those too....)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, Ry. I see you have a VZW G, so I have to ask - is your reply based on some inside knowledge that you have gleaned or is it wishful thinking?
And what about the second part of my inquiry - what's the track record on 3G 2013Gs updating to 5.x and/or VZW Moto X updates (yes, I noticed you have one of those too....)

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...mZVeWx5N3FtIiwic2Vzc2lvbklEIjoiWEtsa3k3cW0ifQ..

MOTO G

This device will be upgraded to the Android 5 Lollipop release of Android, pending partner support.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney