On the boot mode selection menu - what does FACTORY option do?

A

AC Question

on the boot mode selection menu - what does FACTORY option do?

My phone (Moto G) died out of battery on Sunday morning and when i put it to charge and tried to start up again, it would just not work. I have tried everything i read online to try to bring it back to life but nothing works. I can see the battery life on it when charging but that's the only screen I see. When I restart I get the splashing screens and then nothing, a black screen. I am desperately trying to save my data as I have critical info I cannot lose on the phone. Accidentally when going through the Boot Mode Selection Menu I selected "Factory" instead of "Recovery" - what does that do? My phone restarted and got a black screen after the splashing animation start up screen. I want to make sure that the selection I made by mistake did not erase any of the data. Thank you, Despina

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: on the boot mode selection menu - what does FACTORY option do?

Welcome to Android Central! First, let the phone charge on a wall outlet for at least 4 hours before trying to power on. If you try to power on after the battery has been depleted, it might take a few hours for the battery to build up enough charge to complete the boot process.

Which version of Moto G do you have? Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/101078/p/30,6720,9197. The steps for the X should work for the G.

Des88

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your message. Do you know what the "Factory" option does? I am worried that this has messed up my chances to recover any data. :( I have tried to choose the Recovery option but I get "boot up failed".

Des88

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: on the boot mode selection menu - what does FACTORY option do?

Which version of Moto G do you have?

Hey I have Moto G 1st Gen bought April 14