Is there a list of pre installed apps I can safely disable or delete without messing up my Moto G?

A

AC Question

Is there a list of pre installed apps i can safely disable or delete without messing up my moto g

I keep running out of storage on my moto g and have no idea what most if the things are when I go to disable or delete and really don't want to mess up my phone...HELP

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is there a list of pre installed apps i can safely disable or delete without messing up my moto

Hi, welcome to the forums! Most preinstalled apps can't be uninstalled, just disabled, and this won't give you any extra storage. This guide will help you with your storage problems.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=315804
[GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings

blakepaula

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the guide link...I read it all but only one problem...it talked about sending apps to SD card but I have a moto g (1st gen) and there isn't a place for SD card! It only has internal memory. I did buy a 64GB memory stick and have put all my Gallery pics & videos on the stick which gave me a lil room for a short time and now I can't even get some updates due to no storage :( And I don't have a computer to dump everything on!! When I check storage there are still many Google apps & programs that I know nothing about so I'm afraid to do anything to them for fear I'll screw everything up and nothing will work on my phone! Any ideas??! I really appreciate the help and thank you

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is there a list of pre installed apps i can safely disable or delete without messing up my moto

Thanks for registering and welcome as a new member!

Most Google apps can be disabled and a couple of them even uninstalled. Keep Play Store, Play services and Google untouched. If you don't use them you can disable Music, Games, Books, Movies, Newsstand, Google+, Hangouts, Drive, Keep, maps and some more that I don't remember :)

Photos is very useful to backup your pictures with your Google account, but if you have another backup method and a different gallery app you can disable it as well.

One thing. Go to settings - storage, wait until the calculations are done and tell me how big cached data and misc files are. Tap on misc files and post a screenshot of that list (you don't need to scroll down, it's sorted by size). Maybe something can be done with those files. I don't recommend you to delete those misc files from that screen though.

blakepaula

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok my cached is 1.73MB and my misç is 1GB and my apps are at 3GB...thats Alot right? I don't know how to post a screenshot on here sorry

blakepaula

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Plz don't give up on me just yet..still cant get a screenshot on here... So sorry! But what information do u need and I'll get it to u.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Ok, don't worry :) What do you have in the misc files list? Just the the big ones. Also, 3gb in apps is a lot for that phone. You have to decide which ones you don't need so you can get some extra storage.

How are you posting here? Android Central app, AC Forums app, Tapatalk, browser?