Can't send pictures by text since I upgraded to jellybean on my 1year old Moto G, what is going on?

A

AC Question

cant send pictures by text since I upgraded to jellybean on my 1year old Moto G

I am really annoyed that I can no longer send pics, although I can receive them. My phone kept on pushing me to update so I finally did, and I wish I hadn't, I hate it! I am not phone/computer savvy, and now that I see all of these forums I am more confused than ever. Now I am not even sure if it upgraded to or from jellybean, maybe to lollypop? Please help!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: cant send pictures by text since I upgraded to jellybean on my 1year old Moto G

You probably were updated to Lollipop. Go into system settings - applications - messaging. From there. Clear the cache and see if that fixes your messaging problem. Let us know if you have any questions.

Posted via the Android Central App

canariesongs

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: cant send pictures by text since I upgraded to jellybean on my 1year old Moto G

that's where I am having a problem.. there is no messaging app, there is messenger but I know that's not it. I am about to throw this phone out the window.

canariesongs

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

my phone kept telling me it didn't have enough storage to update, I was trying to get rid of stuff I didn't need, I am afraid I messed something up

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Hello canariesongs, welcome to the forums! After Lollipop you can find the messaging app in settings - apps - all tab (see screenshot). Maybe you disabled it, just in case search for it in the "disabled" tab and if there enable it back and reboot your phone.

Attachments

• 1452616647125.jpg
    1452616647125.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 6

canariesongs

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

ok I finally found the app... there is a lot on this phone I don't know about...sorry..I cleared the cache. still wont send pics.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

the disable button is not lite up . is that a problem

No, that's fine. In most Motorola devices if you disable the stock messaging app you'll have problems even using a third party one.

And back to your problem. MMS use mobile data so make sure you have it switched on when sending a message. Can you use your mobile data from other apps without problems? Maybe you should contact your carrier to make sure that your MMS settings are correct.

Also check your disabled apps tab and see what's included there.