Marshmallow Adoptable Storage Questions?

A

AC Question

Marshmallow Adoptable Storage Questions

My android phone, the 2015 Moto G (8/1 version) just recently was upgraded to Android 6 (Marshmallow). Since the internal memory is so low on this phone, i was playing around with the Adoptable Storage Feature of Android 6. I have noticed, even with the sd card adopted as internal storage, alot of apps refuse to be placed on the sd card. Apple Music, Rhapsody, WhatsApp, BBM, iHeartRadio, and Starbucks, just to name a few. They all get installed to Internal Memory, and their location can't be changed.

1) What's the point of Adoptable Storage, if most apps refuses to be installed on the SD Card?
2) Does this behavior change, if the internal memory is all used up? Will the app than allow itself to be installed to the SD Card? or will the App refuse to be installed?

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow Adoptable Storage Questions

Sorry I don't have any answers, but I wanted to comment so it will be easier to find later on.

I would like to know this answer myself.

Posted via the Android Central App

Davemonkey

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Same here. But I have been hesitant to install the SD card as internal memory since I don't want to wipe the card to do so. Did that help some?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12