Can't Get Google Keep Widget on Lock Screen

hylen

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Frustrating. (BTW, tell me if I'm at the wrong forum - I do have a Moto G.) Google Keep has a lock screen widget. Or so they say. HOW DO YOU GET IT ONTO THE LOCK SCREEN????

Okay, sorry. I'm a bit frustrated as I say. Some say to swipe right on the lock screen. This (and swiping in many other directions) brings up the PIN keypad and the emergency call button. That is all it brings up. Some say to set your security to None or Swipe. I've tried that but I still don't see a way to get the widget (which I do have) onto the lock screen. (And of course I want to use a PIN anyway.)

Moto G Android version 5.1

Aaaugh! Any help appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're in the Moto G (2015) forum, which is the 3rd generation -- that should be on Marshmallow, and I think the 2nd gen is on Marshmallow as well. I'm guessing you have the 1st generation Moto G.

Lockscreen widgets went away after the update to Lollipop (which is what 5.1 is), in favor of lockscreen notifications. Since a Keep lockscreen notification wouldn't be very effective, then I'm not sure if you have any other alternative.

See if this is helpful: http://www.androidauthority.com/lock-screen-widgets-android-lollipop-611516/

hylen

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Okay, thank you. Good info. I don't need it so badly that I want to go the Notifidgets route, but I do appreciate the link. It seemed so easy (and useful) when I first came across it. Might still be a good app I suppose. Thanks again.

hylen

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Yup. Out of curiosity, how would I have known which Moto G forum is the correct one? I purchased the phone in 2015, and I see I posted in Moto G (2014) a couple of times back then.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The best way is to go to Settings>About Phone and look at the model number. This site shows you the model numbers of all of the 1st gen Moto G variants: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_G_(1st_generation)

There's nothing wrong with posting in a subforum for a different phone than yours -- if the question is general enough, it usually won't matter. But for issues that may be specific to the phone, it's better to have it in the correct subforum, if possible, to decrease confusion. (For example, someone might have asked how a 3rd gen Moto G could still be on Android 5.1.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz