Can anyone help me connect to wifi?

tjtechster

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Moto G (2nd Gen) WiFi connectivity issue...

I've had my MotoG (2Gen) about 2 weeks now, and I am having problems connecting to any wireless routers that support wireless N protocols.. The user manual states that it is compatible with wireless a,b,g & n, so I am rather disappointed!!
I have tried all the "normal" fixes, like disabling wifi optimization, clearing the cache, safe mode, etc.
If the router only supports wireless G, it connects just fine, and performs flawlessly, but if I try to connect to a router that supports wireless a, b, g & n, it fails miserably..
I have tried connecting to a technicolor C2000T wireless router that supports a,b,g & n, on multiple occasions, without success.. Mind you this is an open system w/o a passphrase..
I installed WiFi Fixer and watched the communication between the phone and router, and every time it says it connects, it immediately disconnects, then loops back to the same handshaking routine... The connection info says it's connected @ 65Mbps, so it's trying to connect via the wireless N protocol, and just keeps trying to connect, instead of trying another protocol?? (I have 2 other devices that connect perfectly to this device using the wireless g protocol)
I also tried WPS, but could not find anywhere to input the WPS passcode for the router??
There also doesn't seem to be a place to setup a manual connection that would allow you to specify the SSID, passcode (if required) and protocol?? Seems like a major oversight to me!!!

Am I missing something??

Chromer

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto G (2nd Gen) WiFi connectivity issue...

check to make sure that the routers are running dual band as moto g only supports 2.4ghz and not 5ghz

tjtechster

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto G (2nd Gen) WiFi connectivity issue...

Done that, in fact I indicated that I have two other devices that connect fine to the same router, with the wireless g protocol...
While I understand that the Moto G is said to be a wireless G only device, it is indicating a link speed of 65Mbps, which is a speed ONLY supported by wireless N... My understanding is that this is impossible with a wireless G only device...
So, I am rather confused at this point.... But thanks for the input..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance