US GSM vs. Global GSM

ryano3317

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I am wanting to buy a Moto G 2014 from Amazon, and I noticed that there are two options. The Global is not in stock, and the US is in stock. Will the US GSM work w/ Cricket Wireless? The reason I am asking, is because I had a problem w/ buying the 1st Moto G (US GSM) on Amazon. When I put in my sim card, a red X would show up next to the signal indicator. Apparently the one that I got would only work in Canada for some reason, and I had to return it for the Global version. I would also like to ask if anyone has the White Moto G w/ a Royal Blue back cover? Does it look good? Does the White look good, or should I go w/ black?

slay65

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The US GSM version of the Moto G will work with Cricket in the US. In fact both the Global and US version will work with Cricket. The main difference is that the US Version supports Band 4 which T-mobile uses and the Global Version Supports Band 1 which is used in Europe/Asia. Both versions support Band 2 and 5 which Cricket (and ATT) use. I would get the US version if you plan to use the phone mostly in the US/Canada since you have the flexibility to switch to Tmobile in the future if you desire.

White G with Royal Blue back seems like it would look good but I have never seen a Moto G with that color scheme.

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Another pro or con depending on what phone you have is that according to what I have heard from Motorola the us gsm model gets updated first and then the global versions later but right now they being idiotically slow at the update for my moto g! So I don't know if I believe them

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, HTC, vivid