How is your battery life on the 2nd gen Moto G

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting stuck on battery life. There seems to be mixed views on 2nd gen Moto G battery life over and over. Each time I am reassured, someone else complains about their battery and expresses regret on the purchase. I want to buy this phone but don't want to regret it later due to battery life problems.

So can someone who has had the phone at least a week or two please describe their typical usage and resulting battery life?

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting stuck on battery life. There seems to be mixed views on 2nd gen Moto G battery life over and over. Each time I am reassured, someone else complains about their battery and expresses regret on the purchase. I want to buy this phone but don't want to regret it later due to battery life problems.

So can someone who has had the phone at least a week or two please describe their typical usage and resulting battery life?

I've had the phone for a month. I take the phone off the charger about 7am, and plug it back in about 9-10pm. It always has 15% juice still. I consider myself a medium to heavy user with some android central, twitter, and clash of clans going on throughout my day.

Posted via Moto G
R.I.P My Cyanogenmod S4 :'(

Poky23

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for about a month too after having a Samsung S3 and I can tell you it is much better than my S3. The other day after light to moderate use I still had 50% at bed time. Most days after moderate to heavy use I'll be sitting around 15% at the end of the day. Very happy with this battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Chromer

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
i have had the phone for about 3 weeks and would say battery life is about as good as my Nexus 5. Off the charger at 5:30am, about an hour of voice calls, moderate text messages, and 2 email accounts update every hour. depending on my signal strength during the day i come home at 7:00pm with 55-65% left, then i am on it till 11pm with 6-10% left before charging. Signal strength has alot to do with battery life, if you have a poor signal throughout the day the battery goes quick. The first 4-5 charge cycles had me worried cause the battery was crappy but after that it has been a great. The phone is worth every penny and you will not be disappointed. It does lag from time to time when multitasking but i knew that going in and expected it so it is no big deal but the trade off is no bloatware, cheap, no contract and quick update from Google. It is an all around good phone and i recommend it to everyone looking for a new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL