Moto G (second generation): Lollipop is coming

smchambers56

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I got 5.0 the first day it was available. Was not part of the soak test. Just got 5.02. So I am guessing in the next few day's they are going to push 5.02 to all still on 4.4.4. Still waiting on 5 for my X 2014. (ATT phone)

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So almost every US GSM Moto G (2nd Gen) has the update? I wonder what's wrong with my particular handset.

They're shouldn't be anything wrong with your handset.

We’ve started to roll out Lollipop in phases just a week after the public release of the software to the following devices in the US:
  • Moto X (2nd Gen.) Pure Edition
  • Moto G (2nd Gen.) US GSM
  • Moto G (2nd Gen.) Global GSM retail versions sold in the US

neogodless

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I feel like there is... I've seen twice now that you should "have the latest updates for Motorola Update Services" on your phone, but I cannot find that app on my phone nor can I install it. Might need to do a factory reset as it seems to have vanished.

EDIT: Ah nope that's for "1st generation" products (i.e. 2013.)

neogodless

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
So much misinformation. go to Google+ for Luciano Carvalho to see his post "Motorola Lollipop updates"

"as promised, our Moto products from 2014 and 2013 will be updated to Lollipop really soon."

This is from yesterday. In other words, it is NOT widely released yet.

kpluck

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update (5.0.2) on my Moto G (2014), I am on T-Mobile. I am not part of the Motorola Feedback Network so I wouldn't think this is part of the soak test.

-kpluck

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got the update (5.0.2) on my Moto G (2014), I am on T-Mobile. I am not part of the Motorola Feedback Network so I wouldn't think this is part of the soak test.

-kpluck

FYI. For these unlocked phones, carrier doesn't matter.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So much misinformation. go to Google+ for Luciano Carvalho to see his post "Motorola Lollipop updates"

"as promised, our Moto products from 2014 and 2013 will be updated to Lollipop really soon."

This is from yesterday. In other words, it is NOT widely released yet.

Not sure where anyone claimed "wide" release.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

neogodless

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
"News" web sites:

Motorola Moto G Lollipop Releasing to Remaining Countries Soon
Motorola previously announced they had released Android 5.0 Lollipop to their mobile device users, though this announcement was mainly for those within Europe and the United States.

Note 4, Galaxy S5, Note 3, LG G3, G2, Moto X, HTC One M8: Lollipop Update Android 5.0 Speculation
We’ve seen Motorola update devices like the 2014 Moto G and 2014 Moto X but there are still key markets that haven’t seen the update yet.

They saw what you saw - the initial "announcement" of the release (and some users getting it from the soak test) and ever since have said that the US Moto G has gotten Lollipop when that wasn't true, for the most part.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
"News" web sites:

Motorola Moto G Lollipop Releasing to Remaining Countries Soon

Note 4, Galaxy S5, Note 3, LG G3, G2, Moto X, HTC One M8: Lollipop Update Android 5.0 Speculation

They saw what you saw - the initial "announcement" of the release (and some users getting it from the soak test) and ever since have said that the US Moto G has gotten Lollipop when that wasn't true, for the most part.

Motorola is the source of truth. Motorola said they started rolling it out which means yes, Lollipop has been released but doesn't necessarily mean everyone has it.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
From the very start there had been lots of misinformation or lack of response from even Motorola. Its not enough to note the device as some have different system versions depending on when it was purchased. For example, I have a Moto G 2014 on 4.4.4 with system 21.11.17 (unlocked from Moto site and on Tmobile) since October 2014 and there has been not one OTA. However others with other systems like 21.11.23 got the update. There are just too many variables to consider. Nothing is wrong with your phone. You just have to wait and if unlucky it will take a lot of waiting....as Google and Moto did a poor job this time around and prematurely released a bug filled OS and now trying to fix it.

Uriel Galindo

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
From the very start there had been lots of misinformation or lack of response from even Motorola. Its not enough to note the device as some have different system versions depending on when it was purchased. For example, I have a Moto G 2014 on 4.4.4 with system 21.11.17 (unlocked from Moto site and on Tmobile) since October 2014 and there has been not one OTA. However others with other systems like 21.11.23 got the update. There are just too many variables to consider. Nothing is wrong with your phone. You just have to wait and if unlucky it will take a lot of waiting....as Google and Moto did a poor job this time around and prematurely released a bug filled OS and now trying to fix it.

I have 21.11.24 and I don't have it yet :(

Zay92

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
^^ I have 21.11.23 still don't have the update but I just bought mine so I guess I'm waiting for the 5.0.2

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm still waiting.... Still wish apple would make a iPhone 6 plus that could run android lollipop but that will never happen! Apple is idiotic to think iOS is more consumer friendly than android lollipop...

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, HTC, vivid

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm still waiting.... Still wish apple would make a iPhone 6 plus that could run android lollipop but that will never happen! Apple is idiotic to think iOS is more consumer friendly than android lollipop...

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, HTC, vivid

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power