How do I disable wifi power to save option on Motorola Moto G 4g?

Gerard64

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
How to disable wifi power save option on Motorola moto g 4g

I have a Motorola moto g 4g i am very satified with it besides one little problem. Everytime I watch a streaming video on the device it stops the video every few seconds. I see in the config of my wifi accesspoint (Ubiquity unifi pro) my mobile in power saving mode almost all the time. I searched many forums and websites about this problem but no one has the answer how to disable the wifi power saving option.

My wife has a Samsung galaxy 3s mini with this device I did fix it by entering a code into the telephone dialer *#0011# and then disable wifi power save but this does not work in my Moto G.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You can uncheck the "WiFi optimisation" in settings - WiFi - three dots bottom right corner - advanced.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gerard64

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to disable wifi power save option on Motorola moto g 4g

Thank you Javier P,

I tested that setting before and now again to be absolutely sure it doesn´t disable the power saving mode and it doesn´t. I disconnected the Moto G in my accesspoint config I disabled and enabled wifi on the moto g so it would connect again and again it goes in power saving mode right away and stays in PSM sadely enough.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to disable wifi power save option on Motorola moto g 4g

I haven't used those special dial codes that you commented. I read that it's a bit risky and they change from time to time, and some of them don't work with some brands. Maybe in the Moto G you could do that through the main menu instead of using that code for network signal.

Google for "hidden menu dial Moto G" and be careful :)

Not much help from here. Good luck.

FozzyFoster

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Did you manage to get anywhere with this?

I am trying to get RSSI values to report back when the screen is switched off. This seems to be a power saving problem as I do not have any issues on a Nexus 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol