Sprint Moto G vs Galaxy S3

Blah

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying a Moto G 2nd Gen for a family member to replace an aging Galaxy S3 and have a couple of questions.

1. Is the Moto G 2nd gen an acceptable upgrade compared to the Galaxy S3, or should I not bother?
2. Can I buy an unlocked phone from Motorola for Sprint and they can easily activate it, or is it one of those phones you MUST buy from the carrier?

From reading about the Moto G, it's very similar to the S3 but it seems to be rated quite a bit higher in reviews.

Any thoughts?

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Its quite the improvement over the S3 but the storage available right now is only 8gb not 16gb yet. Also the models right now only work with GSM carriers only unless you buy the 1st gen moto g CDMA model on Boost Mobile or Sprint prepaid and its only available in the 8gb model. And they both get android lollipop!! So if 8gb is enough and they can use a GSM carrier like Straight Talk AT&T, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, or others then yes you should get it!! But sometime they are supposed to release a CDMA variant of the Moto G 2nd gen, but wait for more replys because they may know more than me on this subject!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Blah

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I'm suspecting it'll need to be the CDMA version for Sprint. I thought that was missing from the order page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz