Moto G (second generation): Lollipop is coming

Krkkumar2905

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
android lollipop.. update not showing

Hi.. System update is not showing lollipop update even after refreshing for many times.... Heard update is released in India... Is there any issue...??

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto G 2014 Lollipop System Update to 22.21.16

Can you please comment on any improvement on the RAM issue? Are apps force closing, is RAM at critical levels, etc?

Definite improvement, much better than the phone was out of the box with KitKat or after the 1st Lollipop update, this makes the phone perform as you would expect from it's specs.

AzharB17

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: android lollipop.. update not showing

Updates roll out slowly, not all at once. It will come in soon time to your phone, but if you can't wait, look for manual flashing online

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: android lollipop.. update not showing

Hi.. System update is not showing lollipop update even after refreshing for many times.... Heard update is released in India... Is there any issue...??

Try to wait it out. The phone had a good number of bugs. It takes two different updates to fix. I would wait for Moto updates instead of side loading if possible just to avoid any unforseen problems.

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

I had a chance to get this update, but I was out of town and the hotel had spotty WiFi, so I didn't, and now I can't pull the OTA. I've tried sideloading, but the file I found online doesn't work.

Hopefully I'll be able to get this soon, especially if it actually fixes the RAM management.

Aniket Mhatre

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
When will the Moto G (2014) get Lollipop in India?

Is lollipop update available for moto g2? I am from India. When i checked for update it says latest updates already installed.
Nokia Lumia 925 India

USCTrojan4JC

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No more Lollipop OTA?

Hi Everybody (Hi, Dr. Nick!),

I was one of many who bought a Moto G (2nd gen) on 12/9 on Amazon.com. I got it on 12/12 and first started using it on 12/13. When I go to About phone -> System updates, it always says I have the latest (I am on 4.4.4 21.11.23.titan_retuaws.retuaws.en.US retus).

I have tried to sideload an XT1064 OTA Lollipop updates with no success (verification failed).

Thanks,
Loren

Benji96

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: No more Lollipop OTA?

Be patient... You'll get it soon since it rolls out. Via OTA. Or you download that Motorola Software Update tool, that might show the update earlier (did it for me with my 1st gen Moto G when I had it).

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: No more Lollipop OTA?

Haven't had success with that Motorola installer. I know OTA's roll out over time, but it's been quite a long time since the first people started receiving the update.

Posted via the Android Central App

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

It's been almost 10 days since the update so I thought I'd let everyone know that everything is still peechy keen with the Moto G 2014 now, the RAM management issue has not reappeared and the bluetooth is working flawlessly for me so I'll say yes, the last update seems to have did the trick!

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Called Motorola today and asked about it and the guy said that starting the 22 lollipop will go live in batches to all moto g 2014 and that by the 21st on January all would have it

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, HTC, vivid

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone updated OTA to 5.0 yet?

I called Motorola and they said that it comes out on the 22 but YouTube shows that allot of people have it already and I am wondering if it was a over the air update or if they side loaded it. I am just wondering if anyone has received the (lollipop) update directly from Motorola

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, HTC, vivid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674