Why is my wifi constantly dropping on my Moto G 5.0.2?

Sudharshanan KS

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
MOTO G 5.0.2 WiFi trouble

i recently updated my 1st gen moto G to lollipop version 5.0.2. From the second it got ON, my phone has developed the problem of Wifi Dropping. The connection which was working fine till i updated started dropping every 2 second. Please , anyone help me. im stuck so bad. :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: MOTO G 5.0.2 WiFi trouble

Welcome to Android Central. Have you tried rebooting the router? Perhaps changing WiFi frequency band from auto to 2.4GHz in Advanced Settings?

Sudharshanan KS

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site

hi. thanks for replying. i am connected to a public network..cant modify routers/ modem settings.. any change can b done in phone??

Sudharshanan KS

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site

i tried a partition cache wipe too... still the problem persists. The wifi network gets saved but drops within 2-3 sec when it gets connected. one thing what i observed is that the IP of Wi fi vanishes n occurs. and the Mac too.. any solution?

narberth1959

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
My Moto G 2014 was great for about 6 months. Within the last two weeks the WIFI has been dropping for all wifi connections...home, gym, public spots. I've tried rebooting, wiping cache partition, my software is "up to date".....nothing is working. I don't know what else to do. I really like this phone but I many have to trade it in for something better. Any help would be appreciated.