How do I access the root directory on my Motorola Moto G 4G?

MySt0g4nN

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Accesing root directory on motorola moto g 4G

Ok so when i connect my phone to my computer i can access the sd directory (the internal memory) but i would like to see more and go to the root directory of the phone, i tried using apps but when i try to go in these files and maps it says not allowed. So is there any way of doing this without rooting my phone (not sure if that would even do it but i don't wanna loose my warranty)

Thx in advance :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Accesing root directory on motorola moto g 4G

No, only root can access the root directory, and the only way you can be root is to root the phone. (The computer multimedia or camera connection can never be root, so you can't see the root directory from Computer, you have to use adb, run su (to get root) then you can access /)

MySt0g4nN

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

ok thx i'll have no choise but to root it then. thx for the quick reply.
just one more thing rooting my phone won't change anything unless i do stuff right?
so if i root it and when i'ts done it will still be the same unless i start changing stuff ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If it's a pure root and nothing else, it adds 2 files and an app to the phone. Most rooting methods add at least one more file, then delete it when they're done. Some change system files and leave backups of the original.

But the phone won't operate any differently unless you run an app that needs root (it'll work, where before it wouldn't). And you can't update Android on a rooted phone even if you unroot it - you usually have to flash the stock ROM to update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret