What is a good case for Moto G?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, just about to order Moto G 5" from Amazon but I definitely need a case to go with that, nothing too bulky, it's for grandparents so it is easy to handle and put in and out of pocket. I saw a few of them but I need to make sure the buttons wont be too difficult to press.
Found these:
- http://www.amazon.com/TUDIA-Slim-Fi...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4246314

- Amazon.com: Fosmon DURA-FROST Smooth Durable & Flexible Slim Fit TPU Case Cover for Motorola Moto G (2nd Generation) 2014 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

- Amazon.com: Orzly® InvisiCase for New 2014 MOTO-X (5 Inch / 2nd Gen) - 100% CLEAR / Transparent Hard Back Case Cover - Designed by Orzly® specifically for use with the MOTOROLA MOTO X (Gen2) SmartPhone - Fits 5.2" Model of MotoX (2014 Large Phablet

and this one, which is my favorite so far for some reason..

- Amazon.com: Moto G Case, SUPCASE [Unicorn Beetle Series] for All New Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) Phone 2014 Release, Premium Hybrid Bumper Case (Frost Clear/Black) - Not Fit Moto G Phone (1st generation): Cell Phones & Accessories

Or if you guys suggest that I go check out places like Best Buy, would I have better options (most likely overpriced) there?
Thanks in advance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Take it from someone their age (I'm 72) - the biggest problem, aside from arthritis, is going to be dropping it. Which is why I use an Otterbox Defender. It's a lot more expensive (almost $50), but an M1 tank is more expensive than a Volkswagen. Just holding a Defender in your hand tells you that your phone is safe. (And a few strips of carbon fiber tape diagonally across the back makes it pretty slip-proof.)

In a pocket? A 5" phone? Please say no. Sitting wrong will create 2 half phones. (And we older people sometimes tend to forget things like "there's a phone in my pocket" until we hear the "crunch".)

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
You've listed a case option for the Moto X, so count that off the list for a 2014 G. The Tudia is a nice case (I've got one but no longer use it) but it's bulky, the buttons are harder to press and the case is slippery. From your list the Supcase gets my vote.
The Otterbox is a fine case but none are available for the 2014 version of the G.
Also, lots of cases are available on ebay for the phone.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, can't wait for e-bay as they are leaving next weekend unless I can find guaranteed delivery option, though I can try, can you point me in a direction of some cases please?

I have a 5" in my pocket, Z30, never had a problem sitting down, ever.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Also found some nice wallet cases, he actually asked me "what will protect the screen from rocks and such" :) Well he is concerned if the phone falls on a sharp rock (not that he goes hiking that often but still a valid question)

So I looked at these:
Amazon.com: Moto G 2nd Generation Case, Abacus24-7 Moto G 2014 Wallet Case [Book Fold] Leather Moto G2 Flip Cover with Folding Stand, Transparent ID holder, Credit Card Slots - Black Flip Case for Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen.: Cell Phones & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4247233
But the reviews stopped me from getting these.

Found this, which has active flap to put phone to sleep:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PM3VTYG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4247233

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hard to beat a flap for protection.

Received it, I must say I am not really impressed. $5 flap cases for Blackberry Z10 that I bought for my wife are far better quality.
Anyway, it's better than nothing and he seems to be fine with it, but overall I wouldn't really recommend that particular case. Yes it does have auto wake/sleep function with flap.