I have two or three security apps installation is good or bad for the phone?

A

AC Question

two or three security apps installation is good or bad for phone?

in my mobile (moto g2),i install three security apps (antivirus,clean master,quik seal),its any problem for phone

Ronnie Sandifer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: two or three security apps installation is good or bad for phone?

I'm not sure if your joking or not. If your not joking then yes remove all of them if you can. There are plenty of articles here on android central explaining why u don't need them

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

An antivirus is always a good idea. Clean Master, or any app written by Cheetah, is a bad idea - they don't understand how Android works, they write apps as if Android were Windows (which usually cause the problem they're claiming to fix). I have no idea what quik seal is. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is also good to have running to catch malware that's not a virus or Trojan. (I was playing around with my desktop this morning and got something from a website that was causing me strange problems. Malwarebytes found 3 pieces of malware, quarantined them, and the computer is back to normal.)

(Anyone saying you don't need an antivirus on a Linux computer - which is what Android is - has never spent 16 hours [6 of us, all working fast] removing a virus from 400 Linux boxes that came in a "free gift" email that a few idiots opened. And the worst virus ever - that almost took the entire internet down - was a *nix virus.)

Colonel_Novak

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Like Rukbat said, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is indeed solid and good to catch malware that slips through the fingers of typical antivirus. I use it on my PC and it never let me down. I wasn't aware it is also available for Android, thanks for the heads up! I think it's worth a look.