How can I use my number pad for options?

wifman

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Using number pad for options

I am unable to use my Moto G to make calls that require you to select a sequence of options. When I key in the phone number, it is easy to erase a wrong number. But when the call is made, the number pad takes up the whole screen, and after I have entered the correct option, e.g. 6), then am asked to enter an option in response to another question, e.g. 2, I can't erase the 6 and if I put in 2, it becomes 62, and I am told I have selected an incorrect option. There must be some way to erase the first number!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Using number pad for options

You're not sending the numbers, you're sending the tones (actually tone-pairs) that the buttons produce, so when you press the 6 button, the phone send out a tone-pair consisting of 770Hz and a 1477Hz tones. It doesn't matter that you sent out a 697Hz/1336Hz (#2) tone pair before.

If the system isn't accepting the 6 (it doesn't "become a 62", except on your screen - you're not sending 2 sets of tones, just one), there's something wrong on their end, or your phone is sending the tones at the wrong frequency or twist (ratio of the amplitude of the 2 tones) - something that's about as likely as winning the lottery 3 weeks in a row by only buying 1 ticket each week.

All phones - cellphone, wireless phones and wired phones with LCD displays - work the same way - the numbers you dial stay on the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool