Moto G 2014 Super laggy on Lollipop 5.02. Is 5.1 any better?

thegooner74

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
My Moto G (2014) was a thing of beauty on KitKat. Everything worked perfectly, and fast on KitKat.

Stupidly, I updated to Lollipop 5.02. (I factory reset after the update)

Ever since, my phone has been awful! It's laggy when doing anything, takes ages to respond to any input and has basically become unusable.

When will 5.1 be out for UK users? And will it make any difference? I'm so close to just throwing this phone in the bin, I'm not sure I can take it any more.

Thanks.

Glenn Roe

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
You must have some other problem. Mine has only minor lags and no more so than 4.4.4. Every once in a while I tap the little square in the bottom right and close unused apps if I have a lot.

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Thegooner74,
I'm not from UK, I'm Brazilian. But I think this update is coming up soon since I knew by Motorola that it's been tested in Moto G 2014 some days ago.
I have a Moto g 2014 too, I'm really looking forward to the release.
While this release has not come yet, I'm every month making a new backup of my images and videos from internal storage and SD card to my computer.
Every quarter I make a factory reset too...
It's better so than be using this "always slowly working Lollipoop".

Glenn Roe
I don't think so.
You should try to install about 20 different apps and put about 250 images in your internal storage using Kit Kat and then the same in Lollipop. You will notice the EXTREME difference between one and each other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane