Finding Files in Downloads - Why Aren't They Visible?

hylen

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Moto g complaints. I have several. I'll start with this one. I open Downloads and see three files in there. I connect my phone to my desktop via USB. I open the Downloads folder and I see about a dozen files in there (various file types). Why can they not be seen using just the phone? Would that not be an easy way to transfer files? Is it true that they must be uploaded to Google Drive and then downloaded to the phone? If so, why?

I'd include a screenshot but—next complaint—it is, at least for me, almost impossible to take a screenshot without including the blue line that shows the volume level. Is there some secret that I'm missing? Does this call for a separate post?

Any and all replies appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try using your file manager to look in your Downloads folder.

No idea about the screenshot problem.

hylen

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Okay, good idea. Thank you. I installed X-plore (file manager), as recommended by PC Magazine. It does show all the files in Downloads that appear when connected to a computer via USB. So I guess I'm good there. I still find it a bit puzzling that you have to do it that way.

I was going to link to X-plore in the Play Store but . . . I guess I need a few more posts first. How many does this one make?

Screenshot: I don't want to take over the entire Moto g forum, but I am going to start a new post on that topic.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The screenshot problem it's about timing :) It happens to me sometimes, if you tap the volume key a tiny fraction before the power button the slide will show up. Then you have to wait for it to disappear and then try again. I find that using both index fingers works much better that any other option. But I know what you mean, it can get annoying when you miss the simultaneous tap :)